The first Fair in the state of Texas was the Washington County Fair, in 1868. It is held annually and this 2013 year marks the 145th year. The Washington County Fair is held at the Fairgrounds located at 1305 Blue Bell Road, in Brenham, Texas. The Washington County Fairgrounds is the site for cutting horse competitions, livestock shows, weddings, concerts, rodeos, and more. It also includes a new air conditioned exhibit hall. Every year the Washington County Fair is kicked off with a fantastic parade that goes through downtown Brenham. Parade starts at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, September 14, 2013.
There is so much to do and see at the Washington County Fair. Just to name a few things taking place, at the Fair, are a washer tournament, BBQ contest, talent show, fun zone games, mechanical bull, antique farm equipment, commercial Heifer recognition, Kid’s pedal tractor races, greased pig and youth hay hauling contests, rodeo, and great concerts each evening.
- This year’s line up for concerts are as follows. Friday, September 13th at 8:00 p.m. Suede.
- Saturday, September 14th at 9:00 p.m. Cody Canada and the Departed and then at 10:00 p.m. Kyle Park
- Sunday , September 15th at 7-9 p.m. Los Rayos Del Sol and from 9-11:00 p.m. Juan Acuna
- Tuesday, September 17th at 8:00 p.m. Anthony Moreno and at 10:00 p.m. Cody Hodges and the Linemen
- Wednesday, September 18th at 8:30 p.m. Johnny Lee, and at 10:00 p.m. Gene Watson
- Thursday, September 19th at 8:30 p.m. Beau Hinze and the Backporch Shufflers, and at 10:00 p.m. Jason Boland and the Straggler
- Friday, September 20th at 8:30 p.m. Max Stalling and at 10:00 p.m. Jerry Jeff Walker
- Saturday, September 21st at 9:00 p.m. Curtis Grimes and ending the concert series at 11:00p.m. will be Larry Gatlin and The Gatlin Brothers
Brenham House Bed and Breakfast is just minutes to the Fairgrounds. The bed and breakfast is located in old town where you will find many shops, and restaurants. Plan your stay with us and enjoy the 145th Washington County Fair, in Brenham, Texas.