Who attends the 26th Annual Fall Roses Festival at the Antique Rose Emporium in Brenham, Texas? Anyone who loves to garden! It will be held on November 4,5,6, 2016. What a fun way to learn about propagating roses, landscaping, designing gardens and working within your garden climates. It is a great opportunity to ask the experts all of the questions you have about gardening! This is a free event and is a come and go event. Food trucks will be on the grounds on Friday and Saturday. At Brenham House Bed and Breakfast we love our antique roses and really don’t have to do too much to them in order for them to thrive. You will want to add them to your gardens too!
- November 4, 2016
- 11:00 am “Rooting Made Easy”- Glenn Schroeder will hold a workshop on propagating your own roses.
- 1:30 pm “Bang for Your Buck”-Robbi Davis Will will detail the perennials, bulbs, and roses that give maximum reward in the landscape.
- November 5, 2016
- 10:00 am Molly Glentzer, writer and editor covering fine arts, design and culture for the Houston Chronicle, where she has been on staff since 1998. Molly is the author of “Pink Ladies and Crimson Gents: Portraits and Legends of 50 Roses”.
- 11:15 am “Texas Rose Rustlers”- Dr. William Welch, professor and landscape Horticulturist at Texas A&M University. Dr. Welch writes about gardening in Texas and the South.
- 1:30 am “The Water Saving Garden”- Pam Pennick, author “Digging-Cool Gardens in a Hot Climate”
- 3:00 pm “Cutting Edge Roses”- Mike Shoup, author “The Empress of the Garden”
- 3:30 pm “My Life as a Rustler”- Greg Gant, Horticulturist, naturalist garden writer and plant developer.
- November 6, 2016
- 11:00 am Growing Fields Tour with Mike Shoup
Come to the 26th Annual Fall Roses Festival to learn, see the gallery of roses and enjoy the day. The Antique Rose Emporium is located at 10000 F.M. 50 in Brenham Texas. For more information call 979 836-5548.